Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Shout Outs

So with Thanksgiving past and Christmas right around the corner I feel it is natural to have a lot of gratitude in my heart. Gratitude is certainly part of the season. That is why I have to do some shout outs! Since my separation 2 years ago, as you can imagine things got crazy and things changed a lot for me. I was an emotional wreck and now pretty much a single Mother. A lot of change all at once and almost no break from being a Mom. But there have been a few people that have truly helped me and my kids in ways I'm not sure they will ever know. I love them dearly and they are family. Sometimes my real family asks me when I'm coming home and it must be hard because they are not here with me but I do have family here.
Suzanne aka Suzilla

Suzanne could quite possibly be the nicest person I have ever met. She is also the funniest! She is here most Saturday nights entertaining me. I know I could ask her for anything and if it's in her powers she is there! She totally proved that this week! :) The kids adore her and fondly call her Suzilla as well. She is always teasing them, one day Xavier asked her if she drove her car over to the house and she said no I came on skates. So a month or so later Xavier asked her if she skated to our house! So funny! By the way we did not convert we were just dressed up!
Brent

Brent is our token male. He's the only one in New Jersey so of course he wants to hang with us! He is a grad student so he is very busy but he is my in a jam man! He babysits during nap time and bedtime so he can study and help me out at the same time! Whenever we have girls night Brent knows he's in charge of the kids! They love to rough house with him and love to make him throw them in the air until his arms ache! He tries to teach them bad stuff and he thinks it's really funny but I'm not so hot on the idea of him and Xavier riding motorcycles together!


Joanne
Joanne may love my kids as much as I do. Out of everyone she is the one that always brings them toys on Easter or Valentine's Day. She loves them so much and they love her. As of recently she has become my personal stylist and fashion coordinator. Trust me I need this bad! She is so happy for my weight loss and even buys me clothes! Is there anything more I could ask for in a friend? Lucky for me she is also my visiting teaching companion so I get to share a spiritual side with her often. I love it!
Jenn
Jenn and I have been friends for a long time! She is always there when I need her. She is the first one to offer up babysitting and the use of her truck to run errands. She is so hands on with the kids. When we all get together at the house and it's bed time Jenn is the one putting them in their PJ'S and getting them ready for bed. She changed countless diapers when we were in that stage and she was and is always so happy to do it. She always asks me how the kids are and how Xavier is doing in school. Jenn lifts me up because she recognizes my strengths, like always being right and always being too honest when others don't believe! They all learn eventually but Jenn's got it down!
RiLee
Last but not least, RiLee. RiLee and I have been friends for a long time too and we probably spend way too much time together. She is like a sister to me, we fight and get over it all in the same sentence. She really is the kids second Mother, she yells at them and disciplines them to boot! Sometimes it seems that RiLee has taken me being separated harder then I have and I know that is because she just wants me to be happy. We have been through it all together and I wouldn't have it any other way. We talk on the phone at minimum three times a day. There are no secrets no holding back and a no farting policy.

So these are my friends that really are family. They have helped me raise my kids and talked me through parenting problems my marriage and everything in between. I feel like Xavier and Bella are so blessed to have so many people love and adore them. I don't ever want to imagine life with out them! All the parties and all the get togethers are now at my house so I can hang out with them while the kids sleep. They work around my car schedule and the weekend Pedro has the kids. They make all these seemingly small sacrifices that make a world of difference to me! Sorry for the long post but I just had to give a shout out to my peeps and make sure they know how much I love them and what an impact they have on my life! I love you guys!!

6 comments:

Lane family said...

I had no idea you where seperated. You are my new hero! I only have to be a "single mom" a month at a time... It's A LOT of work! Sounds like you are doing an amazing job! I'm glad you have such great friends- I'm sure they feel lucky to have you and the kids as well!

Lexie said...

I am so totally offended! I thought we were friends Shandis?

um, ok actually I am not offended at all. I still love you! And I love all those people you mentioned too, they are so fun and are always willing to help! How did you get so lucky to have such great friends?
Especially me who makes a killer Salad!!!

Tisha said...

love to all your peeps!!! you truly have an amazing friend-family up there! and the best part is- they are such a total blast to hang out with!!! (I can vouch for that!) what a great post- I too am so glad that you have such incredible friends in Jersey! and btw- you are looking amazing! love to all you guys!! xoxo

Jenn said...

You are the best... You make it easy to want to be friends with you and to hang out with you and your kids. I love getting to see them grow and learn and be excited for things.

Thank you for letting me be apart of your life.

krisbois said...

Thanks guys for taking care of my sister. I love you guys too. When I was there, I felt like I'd known you forever......Love ya,
Kristin

Martha said...

SHands,
I wish I lived close to you so I could be a friend you could always count on. I'm so glad you have friends/family there who are watching out for you, taking care of you and your kiddos, and lifting you up. WE miss you here, but so glad you love it where you are.