Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Blankie


If you have been to my house you have more than likely seen the Shandis blanket. I call it the Shandis blanket because well, it has my name on it! My dear friend Ashlee made it for me in 1997. Can you believe that? I have loved it ever since! It has gone to the hospital and seen two C-sections and it has been on more outings and road trips then I can remember. It has lived with me in four different states and I would have taken it to Cancun with me if I thought I might have needed it! The sad part is in it's old age it's really starting to fall apart! All the edges are frayed, the top and the bottom are almost separated except on the edges and the batting is all but shot. Even the Shandis letters are pulling away from the fabric! I don't know what to do!?!!? It will be going camping with me this weekend and then put away for the summer but I know when it starts getting cold again I'll want just one thing, my blankie!

2 comments:

Lane family said...

So- if it were my kids- I would find a new blanket that looks similar, and then embroider their name on it. But somehow I don't think that will work for you! :)

Thanks for the advice! Where can I buy Philosophy?

reba said...

The blanket is classic!
Let's get together and with Martha too!! My parents home # (they moved to Meridian)288-0751.
Can't wait!