Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Something about Idaho

I have been in Idaho for awhile now. In fact I'm almost ready to go back to New Jersey. In case you have never been to both places, (Idaho and New Jersey) they are quite different. I know this is a shock! I love walking into any store or restaurant and hearing country music playing in the background. I love that every checker at the grocery store, and I mean EVERY checker asks how you are and smiles every time. I love that traffic means you are stopped at the same light maybe twice. I love that Baja Fresh is right around the corner and Dairy Queen and Arby's and Jamba Juice. I love that you can get into an ambulance (yes I was in an ambulance with my Mom while I was here) and both the guys are members of the church and you just start talking about church and their missions. You NEVER meet strangers in New Jersey that are members?!? I forget what it's like to be in Idaho and be around family and members and nice people. I like it but I also like New Jersey and the exact opposite things that it offers that Idaho never can. It's been nice visiting but I'm ready to go home to my other family.

5 comments:

EmJay said...

Shandis,
I was really sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. I'm glad that you and your siblings were able to be there with her. We love and miss you!

Lexie said...

Your other family misses you too :)

Jenn said...

I miss you!! I am glad that you are appreciating Idaho.

RiLee said...

Agh....were ready for you....and your dad. can't wait.

Martha said...

I'm glad you got to go home, but Idaho misses you :)