Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Harlan Coben

Here we are meeting Harlan Coben. Before I tell you about that I must start at the beginning. Joanne, Mel and Lexie had been saying for the longest how much they liked Harlan Coben. So a few months ago I got his book Tell No One and am now a huge fan! He lives here in Jersey and all of his books take place here. It's so cool to read about these places that I know so well! Anyway I decided to email him and after just a few emails he was my BFF. Well maybe not that tight. But we did email a few times and he seemed so cool! So while I was checking out his website I noticed his last stop on the book tour was close to home and at Costco of all places! So I emailed him again and he said there wouldn't be a lot of people and we should come.......so we did! Well when I told the girls they thought it was so cool that I was emailing Harlan Coben. Then I told Joanne and she rained on my parade. She said there was no way that it was really him. Could me and Harlan being BFF's be my imagination? Well we got to the book signing and when he was right in front of me I brought up the emails and he said he remembered the emails and what we wrote and that yes it really was him! Hallelujah! So he signed my book "To Shandis, You Rock! Best wishes, Harlan Coben" What a day! I mean Costco and Harlan in the same place?! Does it get better than that?

4 comments:

EmJay said...

That is so awesome. What kind of literature does he write? Is it fiction? I'll have to add it to my list of books to read.

Mel said...

It really was fabulous!

Lexie said...

SWEET, he is the man I am telling you! You are welcome for getting you hooked on his stuff (books that is!)

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

Shandis, you are so cool! I say Harlan Coben was the lucky one to be getting emails from you.