Saturday, August 2, 2008

Haskell Boot Camp

The Soldiers Kelsey, Alex and David
David shows the kids how to cook spaghetti with meat sauce.
Xavier eating pound cake. (in his borrowed gear)
They got canteens to drink from.
Here I am taking the soldiers and Nurse Waffles to base camp.

I don't know what it is but all my nephews and nieces as you can see, love all things army! I'm not sure if this is an Idaho thing or a Haskell thing but they all have camo shoes and shorts and tees. They come over to my parents 3 and half acres and run through the fields with all their gear and play war. They have guns and code names and everything! Well David and my Dad let them eat MRE's just like the ones they used to eat in their own army days! The kids were in army bliss! Since Xavier doesn't have any camo gear or own a gun he was the nurse. They named him Nurse Waffles. I was the E vac in the golf cart! These guys are really into and I know my Dad loves that all his grandkids are into army and want to be soldiers when they grow up. I guess I'm going to have to go out and find Xavier some gear so he doesn't have to be Nurse Waffles anymore!!

6 comments:

Sol said...

Very funny stuff


To enter my Free movie and Music blog click here

RiLee said...

What..."nurse waffles" what does he carry around waffles for everyone or what?
Wheres your fatigue?

EmJay said...

That is so awesome! It looks like the kids had a lot of fun.

Maeg said...

I want to play!!! This looks like sooo much fun!

Mary said...

that looks like crazy fun!!!!! of course, in jersey you'll have to convince xavier that guns are not fun and that it is not PC out here... please get him camo...
I had to laugh hard! E was complaining b/c she was playing with friends who were playing pirates and they told her she had to be the "x" X and Nurse Waffles can commiserate! When do you return to reality? Lexie has a cricket...we need you...come home!

Tisha said...

adley would have been in heaven!! so fun! looks like you guys are having a blast out there! when do you come home? we just got back a couple of days ago..xoxo