Thursday, September 25, 2008

Got Gas?

So last night I ran out of gas. Yeah I ran out of gas on route 78 which is a highway here in New Jersey. My gas gauge was temporarily malfunctioning so I kind of didn't know how much gas I had. Even though I had put 20 bucks in I drove to Staten Island and back. Just a little FYI it takes more than 20 bucks to drive to Staten Island and back in an SUV that is virtually empty and the gas gauge is out of wack, Just in case you are making that trip soon! So I called my dear friend Joanne to come to my rescue which she did! She was there in super speed with a gas tank that we couldn't figure out at first and we were trying to put the nozzle together by the light of her headlights and the fierce wind blowing us and the directions around from the big rigs blowing by at 75 miles per hour! yeah it was crazy! We figured it out and she followed me to the gas station and we were safe! 74.56 later I had filled up and was home! Yeah!!! I said lots of prayers last night and they were all answered so I am very grateful for that!
My angel, Joanne

2 comments:

Lane family said...

Oh my gosh! We ran out of gas in the middle of the night driving home from Idaho this summer. It was awful- and I wasn't alone... in New Jersey! Yikes. Thank goodness for good friends.

EmJay said...

Joanne is awesome. I'll bet that was super scary pulling off the side of the road with all of the crazy Jersey drivers. Hopefully we'll be making a trip next September!