Sunday, October 19, 2008

Full Circle Mermaid Moment

So for those of you who know me well, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little mermaid. You know that in high school I had Little Mermaid sheets and posters and dolls. If you know me well you already know all of this. When The Little Mermaid came out (summer of 1989) I was 11 years old and just getting ready to go into the 6th grade. I had just gotten all my new school clothes and yeah I can remember the outfit that I wore to the theater that day! Did I tell you that I LOVED the Little Mermaid? So I guess I never really thought that one day I would have my own kids that would also love The Little Mermaid, even though I should have seen it coming! So every day at the dinner table Bella asks me to sing The Ariel Song. I of course do because I know it word for word and love it. So we have a little dinner show each and every night! So Bella now knows the Ariel song and it tickles me pink. She doesn't sing it very often but I got it on tape and I am so excited for you all to see my own little princess! She is too way cute!! Sorry it is so soft but...... Here is my full circle Mermaid moment.

11 comments:

Jenn said...

She is the cutest thing on two feet...

EmJay said...

Too cute! This is exactly why I want a girl...someday! I heard Kim is finally expecting hers, four boys later!

Lane family said...

Oh my gosh! She is SO cute! I remember you singing that song in music class at Lowell Scott. Crazy! It makes me a little sad that I'll never have a sweet 3 year old little girl again. (just crazy 3 year old boys) It's such a sweet age for a girl. Love it!

Mel said...

Shandis-
I love that! She is too cute. I miss you!

Lexie said...

You. singing at dinner. NO WAY? Ha, Shandis, every time I see you, you are in full musical mode! I love it, and Bella is so dang cute. Can you teach my boys to sing?!?!?

Mary said...

too cute! we'll have to see if she and E want to put on a show this week...we've had a lot of that going around too! It is so fun to have a girl that LOVES being a girl!

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

Bella is so cute! that little voice! I'll bet your dinner table performances are stirring.

Sarah said...

That was fabulous! Encore, Encore!

Marci said...

that was just tooo dang cute! What else CAN I say?

Tisha said...

adorable!! that is so cute and great singing! love that beautiful girl!! xoxo

Danielle said...

I love it! Bella is adorable!

I, too, am a huge Little Mermaid fan and I'm loving having a little girl who loves it too. For years (in college even), "Part of Your World" was my song of choice in the shower. Gotta love it!