Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I knew this day would come.

Xavier has been in a toddler bed for a little over two months. I took him out of his crib not because he was trying to escape and things were getting dangerous, no I took him out because he was just getting too big. So from day one the toddler bed was a hit and smooth sailing! I knew he wasn't staying in his bed before he fell asleep because Bella would be in her crib with her boots on or the toys they went to bed with had been swapped. That was all okay. Then he soon started jumping off his bed onto the floor over and over again before he'd be wore out. Still I'm thinking it's all good. His latest trick, climbing into to Bella's crib and wrestling with her and not being able to get out was a little more problematic but still okay. Today was the day that I wished he was still in his crib. I knew this day would come but I still was not prepared. For the first time Xavier got out of bed and opened his door. I know what you are thinking, not so bad. Well it was at 5:40 this morning (Xavier's usual wake up time) and he came into my room and stood next to my bed and stared at me while I was dead asleep and then shouted Mom come out come out where ever you are! I almost peed my pants! It freaked me out to have him standing right there next to my bed. I kept thinking serial killer! Anyway I fear that this will be my morning wake up call until... Really there is only one thing I can do, teach him how to turn on cartoons!

1 comment:

Lexie said...

Yikes, that has totally happened to me about 100 times before I put Reven back into a crib... I know he'll have to go into a bed one day, but I couldn't handle it. Hey do you think they make cribs for teenagers???